ArmorLite™ Safety Shield for Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
ArmorLite™ Safety Shield is now available for use with most STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps.
The ArmorLite™ Safety Shield is a protective coating that can be applied to most germicidal lamps (linear lamps up to 64 inches long) purchased from and manufactured by Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®.
The ArmorLite™ Safety Shield ensures protection for employees, products, and work environments by preventing the dangers associated with fragments of broken quartz (glass) and mercury contamination. The ArmorLite™ Safety Shield has undergone vigorous, comprehensive testing and evaluation to ensure that it is the best product available.
Since the ArmorLite™ Safety Shield is applied to standard STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps, ArmorLite™ protected lamps are available for use with most new or existing ultraviolet installations.
Contact our Ultraviolet Application Specialists to discuss the advantages of using germicidal lamps protected by the ArmorLite™ Safety Shield in your installation.
ArmorLite™ Safety Shield is ideally suited for STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps used for:
• Air stream and surface disinfection in air duct applications and/or air handling spaces (AeroLogic®).
• Direct surface disinfection of workspaces, products, and/ or packaging (SaniLIGHT® & Sani•Ray®).
• All applications (beverage, food processing, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, etc.) where protection from possible contamination caused by broken ultraviolet lamps is required (NUTRIPURE® & SANITAIRE®).
• Quartz (glass) fragments and mercury are safely contained within the ArmorLite™ Safety Shield.
• Excellent transmission of ultraviolet energy, with minimal loss in output.
• Excellent resistance to nearly all chemicals.
• Insulates ultraviolet lamp from reduced ambient temperatures. Relative ultraviolet output is reduced with lower lamp temperatures.
• Protects against hazards (physical, material handling) associated with broken lamps, quartz (glass) fragments, and mercury contamination.
• Reduces cost associated with broken lamps; costly downtime during cleanup, possible loss of products due to contamination, etc.
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists at (631) 273-0500, Monday–Friday 7 am to 6 pm EST or use our contact form.