Last Updated on January 26, 2021
Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® (AUV) announces receipt of NSF® International certification for 3 of its SANITRON® ultraviolet water purifiers, for compliance with NSF®/ANSI 61 and 372 — Drinking Water System Component— Health Effects and Lead Content. SANITRON® Models S37C, S50C, and S2400C are capable of handling 12 gallons per minute (GPM) to 40 GPM while providing bactericidal treatment of water. To view Atlantic Ultraviolet’s NSF UV Water Purifier certification for its SANITRON® line, visit the NSF®/ANSI 61 and 372 certification pages . To shop or get more information about this product line, visit BuyUltraviolet.com .
COO of Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®, Ann Wysocki, comments on the value provided through this certification:
NSF® UV Water Purifier certification gives our customers—and the public—assurance that SANITRON® Ultraviolet Water Purifiers purify their drinking water the way Atlantic Ultraviolet states they do. This certification assures the public that these NSF®/ANSI 61 and 372 SANITRON® models have met strict standards. Consumers can trust that correctly installed and maintained models perform as stated.
In 1944, NSF® International formed with the mission to protect and improve global human health. They continue to set the standard for consumer products that affect public health and safety. NSF® International is an independent organization accredited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Accreditation Service (IAS). Products granted NSF®/ANSI Certification must pass rigorous initial testing as well as undergo regular re-testing and unannounced on-site inspections.
NSF®/ANSI 61 , a set of national standards relating to water treatment, sets health effects criteria for many water system components. It establishes stringent requirements for the control of equipment that comes in contact with either potable water or products that support the production of potable water.
NSF®/ANSI 372 was set to establish procedures to meet the 0.25% lead content requirement of the RLDWA (Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act), using a wetted surface area average calculation or simply using all no-lead materials for areas in contact with drinking water. NSF®/ANSI 372 includes a broader scope of drinking water products covered by the law, which may not be covered under NSF®/ANSI 61 and enables large or complex products and assemblies to achieve certification.
Atlantic Ultraviolet’s SANITRON® S37C, S50C, and S2400C water purifiers (12 GPM to 40 GPM) have been tested and certified to NSF®/ANSI 61 and NSF®/ANSI 372 . Model S2400C can be used in modular form to build larger models. All SANITRON® models are engineered and manufactured in the USA from U.S. and imported parts, using 316 stainless steel and the highest quality materials. Models come with five standard features and numerous optional accessories that provide safe, rapid, and economical water treatment for a variety of applications.
SANITRON® NSF UV Water Purifier Standard Features Include:
- WIPER MECHANISM: Patented, dual-action wiper mechanism facilitates periodic cleaning of the quartz sleeve without interruption of purifier operation. No disassembly required. Complies with U.S. Public Health Guidelines.
- REMOVABLE FLANGED HEAD: Purifiers disassemble completely and easily in the event that repairs are necessary. No special tools or fixtures required.
- QUICK LAMP CHANGE: Exclusive EASY-OFF™ End Cap enables effortless lamp replacement without shutdown of water pressure or drainage of tank. No tools required.
- SIGHT PORT PLUG: Visible glow (that is easy to see) provides positive indication of germicidal UV lamp operation.
- DRAIN PLUG: Convenient, in-place drainage of purifier chamber.
SANITRON® applications can include homes, apartments, swimming pools and spas, water wells, cisterns, catchments, aquariums and ponds, hospitals and healthcare centers, food and beverage processing plants, ships, electronics, pharmaceutical facilities, cosmetic manufacturing facilities, restaurants, campgrounds, farms, boats and recreational vehicles. Applications are plentiful. For more details about the features and uses of the SANITRON® , visit this page or call 631-273-0500.
Learn More & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA from U.S. and imported parts, SANITRON® NSF UV Water Purifier models from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal UV-C lamps to purify water. In addition to the superior features listed above, they have many optional accessories available, making them flexible ultraviolet water purification systems for any application.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about SANITRON® UV-C Water Purifiers
- Download Ultraviolet Water Documents from our PDF Library
- View all our Blog Posts for SANITRON® UV-C Water Purifiers
- Visit our Webpage: NSF UV Water Purifiers vs Non-Certified Water Purifiers
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
Video & PowerPoint
- Watch our SANITRON® NSF® Certification Video
- View our SANITRON® NSF® Certification PowerPoint on SlideShare
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop SANITRON® UV-C Water Purifiers
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Water Purifier Comparison Chart
Contact Our UV Application Specialists
- Call 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
- Email Sales@AtlanticUV.com
- Fill out our contact form