Last Updated on February 18, 2020Germicidal ultraviolet (UV-C) has been recognized for decades as a powerful, safe, rapid, and chemical-free water disinfection method. Atlantic Ultraviolet’s UV-C purification and disinfection systems use 1 or more STER-L-RAY ® UV-C Lamps. These lamps are shortwave, low pressure tubes that produce ultraviolet wavelengths at 254 nanometers, a level that deactivates microorganism DNA and stops their ability to reproduce. Without this ability, well water bacteria merely die out.
UV-C Water Purifiers are Effective Against Well Water BacteriaSome of the well water microorganism contaminants that STER-L-RAY ® UV-C Lamps deactivate include Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts, E. coli, Hepatitis A, Rotavirus, Salmonella, and Shigella. The keys for successful UV-C disinfection are a quality constructed system, correct installation, consistent maintenance, and having the properly-sized system for the water volume. The overall advantage of Atlantic Ultraviolet’s Bio-Logic®, MINIPURE®, MIGHTY★PURE®, and SANITRON® UV Water Purifiers for well water treatment is their effectiveness — virtually all microorganisms are susceptible to ultraviolet disinfection. The UV purification method is a fast, effective, and non-chemical approach to water disinfection, purifying hundreds of gallons for each penny of operation cost. The lamps require little energy to operate and produce the lethal dosage required to remove well water bacteria, mold, and virus. STER-L-RAY ® UV-C Lamps only need replacement about once a year or every 10,000 hours of operation.
Selecting the Best UV-C Water Purifier for Your NeedsWhen selecting a UV-C water disinfection system for your well water, proper sizing is the key to ensuring that all water is treated correctly. Generally, the purifier is sized based on maximum flow rate (in gallons per minute or gallons per hour). Small purifiers can operate between 1 and 40 gallons per minute. Larger ones can provide 416 gallons per minute or more. The SANITRON® product line offers maximum gallon-per-hour flexibility with multiple purifiers able to be plumbed together. Compare the Bio-Logic®, MINIPURE®, MIGHTY★PURE®, and SANITRON® below or view our complete UV Water Purifier Comparison Chart.
Key: | S = Standard | O = Optional | ✓ = Yes
|Point of Use (POU) / Point of Entry (POE)||POU||POU / POE||POU / POE||POE|
|GPM (Gallons Per Minute)||1.5 & 3||1–9||3–20||3–416|
|Chamber Material (Stainess Steel Type)||316||304||316||316|
|EASY-OFF™ End Cap||S||S||S||S|
|CRYSTAL CLEAR™ Quartz Sleeve||S||S||S||S|
|Lamp Out Indicator Light(s)||S||S||—||—|
|Sight Port to View Lamp Operation||—||—||S||S|
|Dual Action Wiper Mechanism||—||—||—||S|
|Removable or Rotatable Heads||S||—||—||S|
|Alternate Inlet / Outlet Fittings||—||—||—||O|
|Sediment and Carbon Filter||S||—||—||—|
|Promate™ Mount Kit / Bracket||S||S||O||O|
|GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor||—||—||O||O|
|SENTRY™ Safety Sensor||O||O||O||O|
|Promate™ Audio Alarm||S||S||O||O|
|Promate™ Solenoid Valve||—||O||O||O|
|SureFLO™ Flow Control Valve||—||O||O||O|
|Promate™ Elapsed Time Indicator||O||O||O||O|
|Promate™ Time Delay Mechanism||—||O||O||O|
|NSF® Certified Models||—||—||✓||✓|
- SANITRON® Model S2400C only. Removable and rotatable heads on
- Bio-Logic® Pure Water Pack ™ models. Sediment and carbon filter come standard with
- SANITRON® Model S10,000C through S25,000C come equipped with mounting rack.
- MIGHTY★PURE® MP36C and MP49C are available with NSF®/ANSI 55 for Disinfection Performance, Class B.
- SANITRON® Models S37C, S50C, and S2400C are certified to NSF®/ANSI 61 & 372. Model S2400C is used in modular form to build larger models.
- When used as directed to disinfect clear water, Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® water purifiers provide an ultraviolet dosage in excess of 30,000 micro-watt seconds per square centimeter (μWSec/cm2).
- This list depicts options for 120v 50/60Hz operation. Consult factory for options with other power requirements.
Learn More & Shop Our ProductsMade or Assembled in the USA of Type 304 or Type 316 stainless steel, the UV water treatment systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal UV-C lamps to purify water. Many applications can benefit from germicidal UV-C, including those those seeking to remove well water bacteria. For more information on well water contamination — including how UV Water Purification improves water quality — visit our application-specific page.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about UV Water & Liquid Purifiers
- Download Ultraviolet Water Documents from our PDF Library
- Visit our Application-Specific Page: UV-C for Private Well Water Contamination
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
Video & PowerPoint
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop UV Water & Liquid Purifiers for Well Water Contamination
- Shop STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Water Purifier Comparison Chart